Facebook Messenger users across the US will soon be able to order and pay for an Uber taxi from within the chat app. “Within a conversation, tap the more menu and choose transportation,” Facebook says. “You can also search directly for Uber and tap the car icon to request a ride. For a limited time, you’ll get a free ride the first time you use this feature.” Payments are being processed by PayPal’s Braintree.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID