One in three of all card-present transactions made globally between July 2014 and June 2015 used EMV chip technology, research from EMVCo shows. 97% of card-based payments in Europe Zone 1 used EMV, followed by 87% in Latin America, 84% in Africa and the Middle East, 65% in Europe Zone 2 and 34% in Asia. “The US is just beginning to establish its EMV infrastructure with EMV chip payments accounting for less than 1% of transactions during this reporting period,” EMVCo says.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?