Customers of Australian bank Westpac can now transfer money to others using only their mobile phone number. “Pay to Mobile is a secure and convenient way to split a restaurant bill or to pay money to friends,” the bank says. “All you need is the mobile phone number of the person you are paying and the rest is easy,” adds Westpac’s Harry Wendt.
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India