Customers of Australian bank Westpac can now transfer money to others using only their mobile phone number. “Pay to Mobile is a secure and convenient way to split a restaurant bill or to pay money to friends,” the bank says. “All you need is the mobile phone number of the person you are paying and the rest is easy,” adds Westpac’s Harry Wendt.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’