Customers of Australian bank Westpac can now transfer money to others using only their mobile phone number. “Pay to Mobile is a secure and convenient way to split a restaurant bill or to pay money to friends,” the bank says. “All you need is the mobile phone number of the person you are paying and the rest is easy,” adds Westpac’s Harry Wendt.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers