Customers of Australian bank Westpac can now transfer money to others using only their mobile phone number. “Pay to Mobile is a secure and convenient way to split a restaurant bill or to pay money to friends,” the bank says. “All you need is the mobile phone number of the person you are paying and the rest is easy,” adds Westpac’s Harry Wendt.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info