More than half of US online shoppers (56%) are interested in storing gift cards on their mobile phone, according to research from CashStar. “Residents of Western states expressed the most interest in mobile options (59%) and also are most interested in receiving digital gift cards versus plastic (22%),” the company says. “Younger shoppers are far more interested in storing gift cards on their mobile phones — 74% of 18-24 year olds vs. just 34% of those aged 66 and older.”
- Huawei Pay to launch in the US?
- US iPhone users ‘unlikely’ to use Face ID for payments
- Apple Pay Cash to go live in iOS update ‘this fall’
- HSBC uses face recognition to authenticate payments in China
- Macquarie open banking APIs let customers share transaction data with third parties