More than half of US online shoppers (56%) are interested in storing gift cards on their mobile phone, according to research from CashStar. “Residents of Western states expressed the most interest in mobile options (59%) and also are most interested in receiving digital gift cards versus plastic (22%),” the company says. “Younger shoppers are far more interested in storing gift cards on their mobile phones — 74% of 18-24 year olds vs. just 34% of those aged 66 and older.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole