Contactless card transactions now account for one in ten card payments made in the UK, research from The UK Cards Association shows. 120.5m contactless payments were made in October 2015, representing 10.3% of all card transactions that month, a rise from 3.7% in October 2014. A total of £929.8m was spent using contactless in October 2015, with the average value of a contactless payment standing at £7.72.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works