Contactless card transactions now account for one in ten card payments made in the UK, research from The UK Cards Association shows. 120.5m contactless payments were made in October 2015, representing 10.3% of all card transactions that month, a rise from 3.7% in October 2014. A total of £929.8m was spent using contactless in October 2015, with the average value of a contactless payment standing at £7.72.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service