Contactless card transactions now account for one in ten card payments made in the UK, research from The UK Cards Association shows. 120.5m contactless payments were made in October 2015, representing 10.3% of all card transactions that month, a rise from 3.7% in October 2014. A total of £929.8m was spent using contactless in October 2015, with the average value of a contactless payment standing at £7.72.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?