Contactless card transactions now account for one in ten card payments made in the UK, research from The UK Cards Association shows. 120.5m contactless payments were made in October 2015, representing 10.3% of all card transactions that month, a rise from 3.7% in October 2014. A total of £929.8m was spent using contactless in October 2015, with the average value of a contactless payment standing at £7.72.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info