Contactless card transactions now account for one in ten card payments made in the UK, research from The UK Cards Association shows. 120.5m contactless payments were made in October 2015, representing 10.3% of all card transactions that month, a rise from 3.7% in October 2014. A total of £929.8m was spent using contactless in October 2015, with the average value of a contactless payment standing at £7.72.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes