Samsung is to expand Samsung Pay to both online payments and down-range smartphones in the US this year, according to Reuters. “Lower-priced Samsung phones will likely start offering the mobile wallet within the next year,” Samsung’s Thomas Ko told the news agency. “Online payment support is coming soon.” The company’s plans to add the service to mid- and low-end handsets emerged in November 2015.
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit
- Antelop adds Visa Token Service certification to its white label mobile wallet platform for banks and card issuers
- Dubai’s Atlantis resort installs blockchain-based payments system for guests
- Car manufacturers back NFC for digital keys