A patent filed by Apple suggests that the company may be looking at letting iPhone users send money over iMessage as well as via phone calls, emails and calendar invitations. “The function could work in a number of ways,” Quartz reports. “It explicitly mentions a phone call, text messaging, conversations, an email thread and calendar events, among other uses.” News that Apple was working on a P2P payment service first surfaced in November 2015.
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?