A patent filed by Apple suggests that the company may be looking at letting iPhone users send money over iMessage as well as via phone calls, emails and calendar invitations. “The function could work in a number of ways,” Quartz reports. “It explicitly mentions a phone call, text messaging, conversations, an email thread and calendar events, among other uses.” News that Apple was working on a P2P payment service first surfaced in November 2015.
- Russian banks prep for launch of national biometric ID platform
- UK to move beyond ‘peak cash’ this year
- Australian iPhone users ‘more likely to bank with a provider if it supports Apple Pay’
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay app starting today
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February