A patent filed by Apple suggests that the company may be looking at letting iPhone users send money over iMessage as well as via phone calls, emails and calendar invitations. “The function could work in a number of ways,” Quartz reports. “It explicitly mentions a phone call, text messaging, conversations, an email thread and calendar events, among other uses.” News that Apple was working on a P2P payment service first surfaced in November 2015.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign