A new mobile payments system is to begin undergoing tests in Azerbaijan this month, according to Azernews. Azerpay “is expected to offer contactless and remote payment, money transfers, applying for loan, operations in POS-terminals, recharge of account, payment of utility services and many other advantages,” the publication reports. “Overall, more than 160 variations of payment services will be available at the time of the start of the system.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works