A new mobile payments system is to begin undergoing tests in Azerbaijan this month, according to Azernews. Azerpay “is expected to offer contactless and remote payment, money transfers, applying for loan, operations in POS-terminals, recharge of account, payment of utility services and many other advantages,” the publication reports. “Overall, more than 160 variations of payment services will be available at the time of the start of the system.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments