A new mobile payments system is to begin undergoing tests in Azerbaijan this month, according to Azernews. Azerpay “is expected to offer contactless and remote payment, money transfers, applying for loan, operations in POS-terminals, recharge of account, payment of utility services and many other advantages,” the publication reports. “Overall, more than 160 variations of payment services will be available at the time of the start of the system.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?