Alibaba affiliate Ant Financial, owner of mobile payment platform Alipay, is seeking an investment of at least 10bn yuan (US$1.5bn) ahead of a planned initial public offering, Bloomberg reports. “Ant Financial may use money from the current fundraising for acquisitions,” the publication says. Ant Financial made a strategic investment in Indian mobile payment platform Paytm in September 2015 after closing a Series A financing round that valued Ant Financial at more than US$45bn.
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants
- ABN Amro includes access to Tikkie payments in new developer APIs
- Wembley to let fans store contactless tickets in their Apple Wallet
- Amazon moves closer to rollout of automated stores