Samsung Pay will become the mobile payments market leader in Asia, with a 49% share of the market in 2016, a Korean investment firm predicts. “Hyundai Securities is estimating that 200m Samsung smartphones will have Samsung Pay next year,” Etnews reports. “As Samsung joins hands with UnionPay, it is expected that Samsung Pay’s influence will expand starting from China.” Samsung announced its partnership with China UnionPay in December 2015.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency