Samsung Pay will become the mobile payments market leader in Asia, with a 49% share of the market in 2016, a Korean investment firm predicts. “Hyundai Securities is estimating that 200m Samsung smartphones will have Samsung Pay next year,” Etnews reports. “As Samsung joins hands with UnionPay, it is expected that Samsung Pay’s influence will expand starting from China.” Samsung announced its partnership with China UnionPay in December 2015.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands