Samsung Pay will become the mobile payments market leader in Asia, with a 49% share of the market in 2016, a Korean investment firm predicts. “Hyundai Securities is estimating that 200m Samsung smartphones will have Samsung Pay next year,” Etnews reports. “As Samsung joins hands with UnionPay, it is expected that Samsung Pay’s influence will expand starting from China.” Samsung announced its partnership with China UnionPay in December 2015.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts