Fundraisers in the UK are to be equipped with a new generation of collection tins that will let passersby donate to charity with a tap of a contactless card. “The idea is that if someone has no coins on them, only cards, they will still be able to donate,” The UK Cards Association told NFC World. The association is developing the tins in partnership with UK charities including Cancer Research UK.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups