Customers of Malaysia’s Maybank can now make purchases using a Maybank Visa Payband developed by the bank in partnership with Visa. “The wearable leverages on Visa’s payWave contactless technology at more than 1,000 locations across the country,” the payment network says.
- Alipay and UnionPay to support Japanese J-Coin digital currency
- ETSI mandates hardware security for consumer IoT devices
- Swiss railway operator SBB to roll out account-based mobile ticketing
- EU sets out plans for contactless European identity cards
- SK Telecom and Deutsche Telekom to build blockchain-based digital ID platform