Commuters in Navi Mumbai, India, are piloting a service provided by Birds Eye Systems that lets them pay for bus fares on their mobile phone. “The bus conductors carry a mobile device which can verify the e-ticket from the app,” Medianama reports. “The Ridlr app connects with a bus conductor’s mobile device via a combination of Bluetooth and wireless technology.” The pilot is being conducted in partnership with Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport (NMMT).
- Apple prepares to launch Apple Pay in India
- Face ID to add privacy layer to lockscreen notifications
- Esso lets UK drivers pay at the pump with their mobile phone
- Bank of America reports $4bn in P2P payments
- Russia to issue state-backed CryptoRuble digital currency