Commuters in Navi Mumbai, India, are piloting a service provided by Birds Eye Systems that lets them pay for bus fares on their mobile phone. “The bus conductors carry a mobile device which can verify the e-ticket from the app,” Medianama reports. “The Ridlr app connects with a bus conductor’s mobile device via a combination of Bluetooth and wireless technology.” The pilot is being conducted in partnership with Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport (NMMT).
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models