Mintchip, the digital currency developed and field tested in an NFC payments pilot by The Royal Canadian Mint, has been acquired by Loyalty Pays Holdings Corporation, a subsidiary of NanoPay. “NanoPay is now focused on expanding partnerships with central banks, commercial banks, telcos, acquirers, retailers as well as developers and POS providers that will further expand the utility and acceptance of MintChip,” the loyalty and payments platform provider says.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service