Canadian bank BMO is “actively evaluating Apple Pay as a mobile payment option” for its customers, an email seen by iPhone In Canada reveals. “Back in October, sources claimed BMO was planning to launch Apple Pay but that front has remained quiet since then,” the publication reports. Apple Pay launched in Canada with support from American Express in November 2015.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan