London commuters will soon be able to pay for black cab fares with an NFC device or a contactless card using PayPal Here, the company’s contactless reader that launched in the UK in August 2015. “PayPal Here has been approved as a card payment solution by Transport for London (TfL),” PayPal says. All London taxis will be required to accept contactless payments from October 2016, TfL confirmed in November.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone