London commuters will soon be able to pay for black cab fares with an NFC device or a contactless card using PayPal Here, the company’s contactless reader that launched in the UK in August 2015. “PayPal Here has been approved as a card payment solution by Transport for London (TfL),” PayPal says. All London taxis will be required to accept contactless payments from October 2016, TfL confirmed in November.
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale
- Heart scan biometrics could let computers continuously monitor logged in users