London commuters will soon be able to pay for black cab fares with an NFC device or a contactless card using PayPal Here, the company’s contactless reader that launched in the UK in August 2015. “PayPal Here has been approved as a card payment solution by Transport for London (TfL),” PayPal says. All London taxis will be required to accept contactless payments from October 2016, TfL confirmed in November.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers