Dutch mobile network operator KPN and Rabobank have unveiled a SIM-based NFC mobile payment solution that will launch this spring. “The Rabo Wallet enables consumers to download their digital bank card to their KPN NFC SIM-kaart,” technology provider UL says. “The Rabo Wallet, in addition to being a mobile banking app, also offers client cards, membership cards and vouchers.”
- Dublin churches pilot contactless collections
- Hong Kong rolls out tap-to-collect travel rebate system
- Apple Pay to go live in Saudi Arabia this week?
- Visa reports 80% drop in card-present fraud at US chip-enabled merchants
- Barclays to let UK merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts