Dutch mobile network operator KPN and Rabobank have unveiled a SIM-based NFC mobile payment solution that will launch this spring. “The Rabo Wallet enables consumers to download their digital bank card to their KPN NFC SIM-kaart,” technology provider UL says. “The Rabo Wallet, in addition to being a mobile banking app, also offers client cards, membership cards and vouchers.”
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments