Hong Kong ATM network Jetco has partnered with 12 banks to offer Jetco Pay P2P, a service that will let customers transfer funds using the recipient’s mobile number. “The service is directly linked to a consumer’s bank account, meaning no top-up will be required,” Jetco says. The service is expected to roll out in the second quarter of 2016. Jetco announced plans to offer an NFC payment service to its member banks in February 2014.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations