Hong Kong ATM network Jetco has partnered with 12 banks to offer Jetco Pay P2P, a service that will let customers transfer funds using the recipient’s mobile number. “The service is directly linked to a consumer’s bank account, meaning no top-up will be required,” Jetco says. The service is expected to roll out in the second quarter of 2016. Jetco announced plans to offer an NFC payment service to its member banks in February 2014.
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform