Hong Kong ATM network Jetco has partnered with 12 banks to offer Jetco Pay P2P, a service that will let customers transfer funds using the recipient’s mobile number. “The service is directly linked to a consumer’s bank account, meaning no top-up will be required,” Jetco says. The service is expected to roll out in the second quarter of 2016. Jetco announced plans to offer an NFC payment service to its member banks in February 2014.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan