Hong Kong ATM network Jetco has partnered with 12 banks to offer Jetco Pay P2P, a service that will let customers transfer funds using the recipient’s mobile number. “The service is directly linked to a consumer’s bank account, meaning no top-up will be required,” Jetco says. The service is expected to roll out in the second quarter of 2016. Jetco announced plans to offer an NFC payment service to its member banks in February 2014.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent