Contactless payments in the UK hit a record £1.02bn (US$1.45bn) in a single month for the first time in November 2015, increasing from £287m in January that year, The UK Cards Association reveals. The number of contactless purchases in November totalled 128m while the average transaction value increased to £8.03, up from £7.72 in October.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments