Apple Pay is “overwhelmingly the share leader” in point-of-sale mobile payments across the US despite uptake remaining relatively low, the latest statistics from Piper Jaffray’s Apple Pay adoption tracker show. “Analyst Gene Munster expects numbers to rise in 2016 as Apple integrates attractive new features like P2P payments and in-browser integration,” AppleInsider reports.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay