The Ventra mobile ticketing app introduced by Chicago’s Metra commuter rail service in November 2015 has been used by passengers on more than one million journeys in its first two months. “Since it debuted on November 19, the app has been downloaded by more than 250,000 people,” Metra says. “The app has so far been used to buy 221,000 Metra tickets, and those mobile tickets have now been used to pay for 1m rides.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?