Travellers in Ireland can now top up their Leap public transport card by tapping it against their NFC phone and entering their payment details. “We are working on future releases which will enhance the app and will include the ability to store payment card details for a more streamlined top-up purchasing process,” the company says. The Leap Card is available in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford and Wexford.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities