Travellers in Ireland can now top up their Leap public transport card by tapping it against their NFC phone and entering their payment details. “We are working on future releases which will enhance the app and will include the ability to store payment card details for a more streamlined top-up purchasing process,” the company says. The Leap Card is available in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford and Wexford.
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands
- European Central Bank switches on low cost instant payments system