Travellers in Ireland can now top up their Leap public transport card by tapping it against their NFC phone and entering their payment details. “We are working on future releases which will enhance the app and will include the ability to store payment card details for a more streamlined top-up purchasing process,” the company says. The Leap Card is available in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford and Wexford.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents