Contactless now accounts for one in seven Visa transactions across the UK, up from one in 25 a year ago, the payment network has revealed, with contactless payments growing 250% year-on-year and 60% of transactions occurring outside London. “Almost 460,000 terminals across all of the UK are now ready for face-to-face contactless and mobile payments,” says Visa Europe’s Kevin Jenkins.
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale
- Heart scan biometrics could let computers continuously monitor logged in users
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR