Contactless now accounts for one in seven Visa transactions across the UK, up from one in 25 a year ago, the payment network has revealed, with contactless payments growing 250% year-on-year and 60% of transactions occurring outside London. “Almost 460,000 terminals across all of the UK are now ready for face-to-face contactless and mobile payments,” says Visa Europe’s Kevin Jenkins.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points