Barclays will add support for Apple Pay “within the next 60 to 75 days”, the bank’s Ashok Vaswani has revealed in an email to a customer. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of participating banks when Apple announced in June 2015 it would expand the mobile payment service to the UK but confirmed to NFC World the following month that it would support Apple Pay “in the future”.
- Barclays pitches watch makers on the benefits of wearable payments
- Telecoms boss gets NFC access control chip implanted in hand
- Contactless payments overtake chip and pin in the UK
- NFC World launches Go to Market service for innovative technology suppliers
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones