Barclays will add support for Apple Pay “within the next 60 to 75 days”, the bank’s Ashok Vaswani has revealed in an email to a customer. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of participating banks when Apple announced in June 2015 it would expand the mobile payment service to the UK but confirmed to NFC World the following month that it would support Apple Pay “in the future”.
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments