Barclays will add support for Apple Pay “within the next 60 to 75 days”, the bank’s Ashok Vaswani has revealed in an email to a customer. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of participating banks when Apple announced in June 2015 it would expand the mobile payment service to the UK but confirmed to NFC World the following month that it would support Apple Pay “in the future”.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa