Passengers on Southern California’s Metrolink rail system will soon be able to pay for tickets on their smartphone and validate them at barcode readers on station turnstiles. The service will use Masabi’s JustRide platform and will be deployed in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, as well as Oceanside in San Diego County. “Mobile tickets will be made available for travel across all of Metrolink’s seven lines and nearly 60 stations by the fall,” Masabi says.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay