Passengers on Southern California’s Metrolink rail system will soon be able to pay for tickets on their smartphone and validate them at barcode readers on station turnstiles. The service will use Masabi’s JustRide platform and will be deployed in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, as well as Oceanside in San Diego County. “Mobile tickets will be made available for travel across all of Metrolink’s seven lines and nearly 60 stations by the fall,” Masabi says.
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay
- Dejamobile to offer seamless banking and mobile payments enrolment via smartphone
- Russian banks prep for launch of national biometric ID platform