Passengers on Southern California’s Metrolink rail system will soon be able to pay for tickets on their smartphone and validate them at barcode readers on station turnstiles. The service will use Masabi’s JustRide platform and will be deployed in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, as well as Oceanside in San Diego County. “Mobile tickets will be made available for travel across all of Metrolink’s seven lines and nearly 60 stations by the fall,” Masabi says.
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform