Apple Pay saw a “significant acceleration in usage” in the second half of 2015, Apple CEO Tim Cook reported during the company’s first quarter earnings call, with a growth rate 10 times higher than in the first half of the year. Cook also revealed that Apple Pay will soon be accepted at “thousands” of ExxonMobil gas stations across the US via the company’s Speedpass+ app. “There are now over 5m contactless payment ready locations in the countries where Apple Pay is live today,” he added.
- L’Oréal launches wearable sensor that uses NFC to alert iPhone users to the risk of sun damage to their skin
- Swiss banks face mobile payments boycott investigation
- Walmart equips staff in 3,000+ stores with mobile POS devices
- KBC to pilot multiple wearable payments options
- Deutsche Bank unveils loyalty-first mobile wallet venture