Apple Pay saw a “significant acceleration in usage” in the second half of 2015, Apple CEO Tim Cook reported during the company’s first quarter earnings call, with a growth rate 10 times higher than in the first half of the year. Cook also revealed that Apple Pay will soon be accepted at “thousands” of ExxonMobil gas stations across the US via the company’s Speedpass+ app. “There are now over 5m contactless payment ready locations in the countries where Apple Pay is live today,” he added.
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards