Apple Pay saw a “significant acceleration in usage” in the second half of 2015, Apple CEO Tim Cook reported during the company’s first quarter earnings call, with a growth rate 10 times higher than in the first half of the year. Cook also revealed that Apple Pay will soon be accepted at “thousands” of ExxonMobil gas stations across the US via the company’s Speedpass+ app. “There are now over 5m contactless payment ready locations in the countries where Apple Pay is live today,” he added.
- Apple reports growth in US Apple Pay acceptance
- US credit unions report increase in mobile payment transaction volumes
- Church of England doubles donations with contactless collection plates
- Alipay gets second European e-money license
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe