JPMorgan Chase is to roll out ATMs that will let customers withdraw cash using their mobile phone. “The first generation of these ATMs will allow customers to access the machine by inputting a code found on their Chase mobile app,” CNBC reports. “Future upgrades of machines will allow customers to use their cellphone’s near-field wireless communication feature to access their accounts.” Wells Fargo and Bank of America are also working on mobile cash withdrawals at ATMs.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service