JPMorgan Chase is to roll out ATMs that will let customers withdraw cash using their mobile phone. “The first generation of these ATMs will allow customers to access the machine by inputting a code found on their Chase mobile app,” CNBC reports. “Future upgrades of machines will allow customers to use their cellphone’s near-field wireless communication feature to access their accounts.” Wells Fargo and Bank of America are also working on mobile cash withdrawals at ATMs.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service