LG has developed an electronic ‘LG Pay White Card’ that will let users register multiple credit cards onto a single piece of plastic for in-store payments and ATM withdrawals. The device is about the same size as a normal credit card, ETNews reports, and has a small LCD display, buttons to select which virtual card to use and a connector for recharging. The handset maker confirmed in November 2015 that it is working on launching its own mobile payment service.
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions