Chinese ecommerce giant Tencent is testing its WeChat Wallet service with users in Hong Kong. “Users who are part of the pilot programme will be able to link their Hong Kong credit cards to the service and purchase items using the WeChat app, including movie and flight tickets,” the South China Morning Post reports. “A source close to the company said it may take several months before the payment service is rolled out to all WeChat users in the city.” WeChat Wallet launched in South Africa in November 2015.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info