Chinese ecommerce giant Tencent is testing its WeChat Wallet service with users in Hong Kong. “Users who are part of the pilot programme will be able to link their Hong Kong credit cards to the service and purchase items using the WeChat app, including movie and flight tickets,” the South China Morning Post reports. “A source close to the company said it may take several months before the payment service is rolled out to all WeChat users in the city.” WeChat Wallet launched in South Africa in November 2015.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes