Chinese ecommerce giant Tencent is testing its WeChat Wallet service with users in Hong Kong. “Users who are part of the pilot programme will be able to link their Hong Kong credit cards to the service and purchase items using the WeChat app, including movie and flight tickets,” the South China Morning Post reports. “A source close to the company said it may take several months before the payment service is rolled out to all WeChat users in the city.” WeChat Wallet launched in South Africa in November 2015.
- Pakistan to add payments to National IDs
- CPI Card Group and Proxama to offer innovative mobile and EMV payments services in North America
- Austrians to open bank accounts from home using online video ID service
- Ant Financial eyes up blockchain for Alipay
- Free Galaxy S7 offer for Samsung Pay’s UAE launch