Visa PayWave accounted for 61% of the 1.4bn contactless payments made in Europe in 2014, research from RBR reveals, with MasterCard PayPass accounting for the “vast majority” of the remainder. “Contactless has spread rapidly in Europe and RBR forecasts the payment volume to increase nine-fold between 2014 and 2020,” the firm adds.
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries
- National Australia Bank goes live with Apple Pay
- TriMet rolls out NFC ticketing for iPhone users
- ABN Amro unveils blockchain-based NFC platform for trade inventory tracking
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary