Visa PayWave accounted for 61% of the 1.4bn contactless payments made in Europe in 2014, research from RBR reveals, with MasterCard PayPass accounting for the “vast majority” of the remainder. “Contactless has spread rapidly in Europe and RBR forecasts the payment volume to increase nine-fold between 2014 and 2020,” the firm adds.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India