Bank of America and Wells Fargo are working on integrating NFC into their ATMs to let customers complete transactions using their smartphones and services such as Apple Pay, according to TechCrunch. “Engineers at both companies have been placed on multi-month assignments to build the Apple Pay options,” the publication says. Reports that the banks were working on mobile at the ATM first surfaced in December 2015. JPMorgan Chase is also working on adding NFC to its ATMs.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay