Bank of America and Wells Fargo are working on integrating NFC into their ATMs to let customers complete transactions using their smartphones and services such as Apple Pay, according to TechCrunch. “Engineers at both companies have been placed on multi-month assignments to build the Apple Pay options,” the publication says. Reports that the banks were working on mobile at the ATM first surfaced in December 2015. JPMorgan Chase is also working on adding NFC to its ATMs.
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments