Chinese consumers using taxi hailing app Uber will soon be able to pay for their journeys using Ant Financial’s mobile payment platform Alipay when travelling abroad. “The partnership will enable riders from mainland China to use their Alipay accounts to pay for Uber rides when they’re travelling in other regions,” Uber China says. “Uber riders have been able to use Alipay to pay for their rides in mainland China since 2014.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform