Chinese consumers using taxi hailing app Uber will soon be able to pay for their journeys using Ant Financial’s mobile payment platform Alipay when travelling abroad. “The partnership will enable riders from mainland China to use their Alipay accounts to pay for Uber rides when they’re travelling in other regions,” Uber China says. “Uber riders have been able to use Alipay to pay for their rides in mainland China since 2014.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works