Canadian open NFC mobile wallet provider Ugo has launched a beta version of Ugo Pay, a P2P money transfer feature that has been added to its Ugo Wallet. “Transfers are free and made securely and easily via text message using either a sender’s existing address book or by inputting any Canadian mobile phone number,” Ugo says. The company is also in the process of incorporating host card emulation (HCE) into its service.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents