Canadian open NFC mobile wallet provider Ugo has launched a beta version of Ugo Pay, a P2P money transfer feature that has been added to its Ugo Wallet. “Transfers are free and made securely and easily via text message using either a sender’s existing address book or by inputting any Canadian mobile phone number,” Ugo says. The company is also in the process of incorporating host card emulation (HCE) into its service.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups