PARTNER NEWS: An Android app described as a “Swiss Army knife for NFC” has been updated and can now also interrogate Mifare Plus SL3 cards. NXP’s NFC Taginfo, now at version 4.15.100, can identify and read contents from all types of NFC tags as well as Mifare and iCode-based systems. It can also display the value remaining on travel cards issued by a range of international public transport systems.
- Xiaomi unveils low cost fitness tracker that supports NFC and QR payments
- Airlines commit to RFID baggage tags and single biometric ID for travellers
- UK government begins testing iPhone NFC passport reading
- Crédit Agricole pilots biometric bank cards
- Mattel adds NFC to Hot Wheels racing cars