Russian mobile payments startup PayQR has received an investment of 300m rubles (US$3.8m) from businessman Sergey Kozlovsky. “PayQR allows you to pay without a credit card and cash with the help of the so-called QR code,” Vedomosti reports. “In 2016, PayQR will also work via NFC.” The company raised US$1.5m from an unknown investor in 2014.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes