Russian mobile payments startup PayQR has received an investment of 300m rubles (US$3.8m) from businessman Sergey Kozlovsky. “PayQR allows you to pay without a credit card and cash with the help of the so-called QR code,” Vedomosti reports. “In 2016, PayQR will also work via NFC.” The company raised US$1.5m from an unknown investor in 2014.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers