UK consumers can make a £2 donation to Cancer Research UK by tapping their contactless card against small portable readers being launched in London, Glasgow, Liverpool and Leeds as part of today’s World Cancer Day fundraising campaign. The charity trialled contactless donations in shop windows in January 2015 and is currently working with The UK Cards Association to develop the next generation of contactless collection tins.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service