The European Central Bank is working on a system that would let consumers transfer money to each other based on a phone number or email address. “Immediately after transfer, the money is in the account of the receiver, regardless of the bank of the receiver or where he lives,” RTL Z reports. “Thanks to this system, you no longer have to remember your IBAN [international bank account] number or enter the recipient’s IBAN number.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works