Apple has begun selling mobile POS provider Square’s US$49 contactless readers in its US stores as well as online. Square unveiled the NFC mPOS terminals during Apple’s WWDC in June 2015 and offered the first 250,000 free of charge. It began shipping devices in December.
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system