Apple Pay has seen an acceleration in mobile app acceptance across the US, according to Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster, who calls it an “inflection point” in a recent investor note reported by Quartz. “While most attention has been paid to which retail stores have started accepting Apple Pay, the iPhone-based payment service has quietly made serious progress in mobile commerce,” the publication says. Apple Pay is also leading POS mobile payments in the US, according to the firm.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills