PARTNER NEWS: Mahindra Comviva and mobile money and payments provider EcoCash have won the Best Mobile Innovation prize at the sixth Kalahari Awards for the EcoCash Savings Club. “EcoCash Savings Club, powered by Mahindra Comviva’s Mobiquity Money platform, is a group saving service which digitizes traditional savings clubs in Zimbabwe,” Mahindra Comviva says. “It is aimed at the self-employed, informal sector entrepreneurs, street vendors, and women’s groups who were limited to informal group savings previously as they were considered financially ineligible by mainstream banks.”
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?
- National QR mobile payments service to go live in Indonesia
- 7-Eleven brings mobile self-checkout to New York stores