PARTNER NEWS: Mahindra Comviva and mobile money and payments provider EcoCash have won the Best Mobile Innovation prize at the sixth Kalahari Awards for the EcoCash Savings Club. “EcoCash Savings Club, powered by Mahindra Comviva’s Mobiquity Money platform, is a group saving service which digitizes traditional savings clubs in Zimbabwe,” Mahindra Comviva says. “It is aimed at the self-employed, informal sector entrepreneurs, street vendors, and women’s groups who were limited to informal group savings previously as they were considered financially ineligible by mainstream banks.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole