Mobeam has updated its mobile coupon and offer app Beep’nGo to let customers use retail loyalty cards, gift cards and barcode coupons on their smartphone at checkout scanners for the first time. “Mobeam currently operates with more than 330m Samsung Android phones and the company is in talks with other manufacturers to expand the technology,” Mobeam says of its infrared light based barcode system. The app currently has more than 10m installs.
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow