Mobeam has updated its mobile coupon and offer app Beep’nGo to let customers use retail loyalty cards, gift cards and barcode coupons on their smartphone at checkout scanners for the first time. “Mobeam currently operates with more than 330m Samsung Android phones and the company is in talks with other manufacturers to expand the technology,” Mobeam says of its infrared light based barcode system. The app currently has more than 10m installs.
- Wells Fargo adds support for Fitbit Pay
- Apple details Apple Pay Cash in updated iOS Security guide
- India to add face recognition to Aadhaar biometric ID system
- Bank of America reports 84% rise in P2P payment transactions
- One in five Brits to make mobile payments in stores this year