Mobeam has updated its mobile coupon and offer app Beep’nGo to let customers use retail loyalty cards, gift cards and barcode coupons on their smartphone at checkout scanners for the first time. “Mobeam currently operates with more than 330m Samsung Android phones and the company is in talks with other manufacturers to expand the technology,” Mobeam says of its infrared light based barcode system. The app currently has more than 10m installs.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes