Apple has released a security update that fixes more than 100 iOS bugs, including a vulnerability in Apple Pay that allowed third parties to see sensitive information as a payment was made. “The security issue would have allowed hackers to trace the recent transactions that users made through Apple’s mobile payment system,” Tech Times reports. “All the information regarding the transactions could be obtained by hackers through the log feature of the platform. With the update, the functionality has been entirely removed.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole