Apple has released a security update that fixes more than 100 iOS bugs, including a vulnerability in Apple Pay that allowed third parties to see sensitive information as a payment was made. “The security issue would have allowed hackers to trace the recent transactions that users made through Apple’s mobile payment system,” Tech Times reports. “All the information regarding the transactions could be obtained by hackers through the log feature of the platform. With the update, the functionality has been entirely removed.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works