India’s Axis Bank has partnered with fitness technology provider GOQii to develop a wearable device that will allow its customers to make contactless payments. “The device will allow consumers to make NFC payments and will come loaded with the regular fitness related features like the coach etc that the GOQii bands come with,” the bank’s Rajiv Anand told Economic Times. The two companies expect to roll out the device in the coming months.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale