Visa has revealed it has a 9.99% stake of Class A shares in mobile POS provider Square. The payment network holds more than 4m of Square’s Class B shares which don’t trade publicly but can be converted to approximately 3.52m in Class A shares, according to an SEC filing. Square filed for an initial public offering in October 2015 and began shipping its NFC device in December.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay