Visa has revealed it has a 9.99% stake of Class A shares in mobile POS provider Square. The payment network holds more than 4m of Square’s Class B shares which don’t trade publicly but can be converted to approximately 3.52m in Class A shares, according to an SEC filing. Square filed for an initial public offering in October 2015 and began shipping its NFC device in December.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards