Visa has revealed it has a 9.99% stake of Class A shares in mobile POS provider Square. The payment network holds more than 4m of Square’s Class B shares which don’t trade publicly but can be converted to approximately 3.52m in Class A shares, according to an SEC filing. Square filed for an initial public offering in October 2015 and began shipping its NFC device in December.
- Alipay gets second European e-money license
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging