Visa has revealed it has a 9.99% stake of Class A shares in mobile POS provider Square. The payment network holds more than 4m of Square’s Class B shares which don’t trade publicly but can be converted to approximately 3.52m in Class A shares, according to an SEC filing. Square filed for an initial public offering in October 2015 and began shipping its NFC device in December.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service