Visa has revealed it has a 9.99% stake of Class A shares in mobile POS provider Square. The payment network holds more than 4m of Square’s Class B shares which don’t trade publicly but can be converted to approximately 3.52m in Class A shares, according to an SEC filing. Square filed for an initial public offering in October 2015 and began shipping its NFC device in December.
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?