SIMalliance has updated its Open Mobile API (OMAPI) specification, which sets out how mobile applications may access different secure elements on a mobile device and is mandated by EMVCo for mobile contactless payments. “A key update in v3.2 addresses requirements from ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute) and GSMA to give the mobile application additional control to properly retrieve information from the secure element (SE),” the trade association says.
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments