SIMalliance has updated its Open Mobile API (OMAPI) specification, which sets out how mobile applications may access different secure elements on a mobile device and is mandated by EMVCo for mobile contactless payments. “A key update in v3.2 addresses requirements from ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute) and GSMA to give the mobile application additional control to properly retrieve information from the secure element (SE),” the trade association says.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’