SIMalliance has updated its Open Mobile API (OMAPI) specification, which sets out how mobile applications may access different secure elements on a mobile device and is mandated by EMVCo for mobile contactless payments. “A key update in v3.2 addresses requirements from ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute) and GSMA to give the mobile application additional control to properly retrieve information from the secure element (SE),” the trade association says.
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants
- ABN Amro includes access to Tikkie payments in new developer APIs
- Wembley to let fans store contactless tickets in their Apple Wallet
- Amazon moves closer to rollout of automated stores