SIMalliance has updated its Open Mobile API (OMAPI) specification, which sets out how mobile applications may access different secure elements on a mobile device and is mandated by EMVCo for mobile contactless payments. “A key update in v3.2 addresses requirements from ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute) and GSMA to give the mobile application additional control to properly retrieve information from the secure element (SE),” the trade association says.
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption
- EMVCo to support eight-digit Issuer Identification Numbers from 2021
- MTA reports ‘much higher’ than expected Omny contactless transit payments adoption in New York