PayPal has unveiled a new platform that enables merchants and partners to embed buy buttons in emails, social shares, blogs, articles, ads and apps through a set of APIs. “The PayPal Commerce tools, which are currently in beta, allow merchants to securely sell across contexts — anywhere consumers are online or on their mobile devices,” the company says. The platform is the result of the company’s acquisition of mobile commerce platform Modest in the second half of 2015.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities