UK consumers can now make P2P transfers and pay online using a virtual MasterCard through Payfriendz. “Payfriendz is a social chat and mobile payments app which allows users to easily send, request and receive money from friends and contacts,” says Paysafe, the payments provider for the service. “Once funds have been collected, users can transfer the money to their UK bank account. They can also shop online using a virtual MasterCard card linked to their Payfriendz account.”
- Dublin churches pilot contactless collections
- Hong Kong rolls out tap-to-collect travel rebate system
- Apple Pay to go live in Saudi Arabia this week?
- Visa reports 80% drop in card-present fraud at US chip-enabled merchants
- Barclays to let UK merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts