Korean banks are lining up to support Samsung Pay, including Shinhan Bank, KB Kookmin Bank, NH Nonghyup Bank and Industrial Bank of Korea, Korea Joongang Daily reports. “Currently, Samsung Pay only works with Woori Bank, but the exclusive contract between the two will expire next month, and now, more institutions are seeking to link up with Samsung Pay,” the publication says. 80,000 credit and debit cards were registered on Samsung Pay in Korea within a week of its launch.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service