Korean banks are lining up to support Samsung Pay, including Shinhan Bank, KB Kookmin Bank, NH Nonghyup Bank and Industrial Bank of Korea, Korea Joongang Daily reports. “Currently, Samsung Pay only works with Woori Bank, but the exclusive contract between the two will expire next month, and now, more institutions are seeking to link up with Samsung Pay,” the publication says. 80,000 credit and debit cards were registered on Samsung Pay in Korea within a week of its launch.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan