Apple Pay could launch in China this week following confirmation from China Guangfa Bank. “The bank’s WeChat account is dispensing information about Apple Pay and the available menu options include a query about when Apple Pay will be available,” Tech In Asia reports. “If you select that option, the account will tell you it’s coming to China on February 18.” French website iGen is also reporting that the service will make its French debut in the first half of this year, “perhaps during the WWDC to be held in June”.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards