Apple Pay could launch in China this week following confirmation from China Guangfa Bank. “The bank’s WeChat account is dispensing information about Apple Pay and the available menu options include a query about when Apple Pay will be available,” Tech In Asia reports. “If you select that option, the account will tell you it’s coming to China on February 18.” French website iGen is also reporting that the service will make its French debut in the first half of this year, “perhaps during the WWDC to be held in June”.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service