Apple Pay could launch in China this week following confirmation from China Guangfa Bank. “The bank’s WeChat account is dispensing information about Apple Pay and the available menu options include a query about when Apple Pay will be available,” Tech In Asia reports. “If you select that option, the account will tell you it’s coming to China on February 18.” French website iGen is also reporting that the service will make its French debut in the first half of this year, “perhaps during the WWDC to be held in June”.
- Xiaomi unveils low cost fitness tracker that supports NFC and QR payments
- Airlines commit to RFID baggage tags and single biometric ID for travellers
- UK government begins testing iPhone NFC passport reading
- Crédit Agricole pilots biometric bank cards
- Mattel adds NFC to Hot Wheels racing cars