Apple Pay could launch in China this week following confirmation from China Guangfa Bank. “The bank’s WeChat account is dispensing information about Apple Pay and the available menu options include a query about when Apple Pay will be available,” Tech In Asia reports. “If you select that option, the account will tell you it’s coming to China on February 18.” French website iGen is also reporting that the service will make its French debut in the first half of this year, “perhaps during the WWDC to be held in June”.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points