Apple Pay could launch in China this week following confirmation from China Guangfa Bank. “The bank’s WeChat account is dispensing information about Apple Pay and the available menu options include a query about when Apple Pay will be available,” Tech In Asia reports. “If you select that option, the account will tell you it’s coming to China on February 18.” French website iGen is also reporting that the service will make its French debut in the first half of this year, “perhaps during the WWDC to be held in June”.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent