Apple Pay could launch in China this week following confirmation from China Guangfa Bank. “The bank’s WeChat account is dispensing information about Apple Pay and the available menu options include a query about when Apple Pay will be available,” Tech In Asia reports. “If you select that option, the account will tell you it’s coming to China on February 18.” French website iGen is also reporting that the service will make its French debut in the first half of this year, “perhaps during the WWDC to be held in June”.
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022
- Apple Pay offers Chinese New Year discounts
- Facebook gets Spanish e-money licence
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals