CIBC may soon become one of the first banks in Canada to support Apple Pay, which is currently only available to American Express card holders. “iPhone in Canada reader John from Toronto tried to add his CIBC Visa to Apple Pay and was greeted with [a] terms and conditions message that stated Apple Pay Terms of Service for CIBC Customers,” iPhone in Canada reports.
- Barclays pitches watch makers on the benefits of wearable payments
- Telecoms boss gets NFC access control chip implanted in hand
- Contactless payments overtake chip and pin in the UK
- NFC World launches Go to Market service for innovative technology suppliers
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones